Hospitality and Tourism
World Travel & Tourism Council’s research highlights tourism industry as the second fastest growing industry contributing $8.8 trillion to the global economy and creating 319 million jobs in 2018. Tourism is a dynamic industry that is beginning to cater to the needs of people with a wide range of needs and interests.
The United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) advanced a resolution in 2005 supporting ‘accessible tourism for all’, which is recognized as a key reference document for guiding the development of tourism sector along the path of greater inclusion and accessibility. Five Quadrants estimates over 1.3 billion people with disabilities around the world. The disability market represents an annual disposable income of $1 trillion—$544 billion in the US alone. When you include friends and family, this adds another 2.3 billion people who control an incremental $6.9 trillion in annual disposable income.
To help our clients create successful, sustainable tourism destinations and memorable experiences for a worldwide audience.
How do we do it?
Our network of global tourism experts bring their rich experience to deliver the best thinking in strategic planning and implementation.
What do we do?
We provide our clients with a range of innovative services including need assessment, training, market insight, strategic planning, marketing, destination development, experience development, storytelling and customer services.
IDI ongoing programs in Hospitality and Tourism
- Organize tours for persons with disability
- Organize talk programs on accessible tourism in partnership with Nepal Tourism Board (NTB), Four Seasons Travel, US Embassy in Nepal, and other relevant government agencies
- Organize customer service training pertaining to inclusive tourism
- Organize Accessible Day Celebration on March 31 of each year
- Hospitality Training programs on customer service, housekeeping, hospitality and tourism management, hotel operations, quality service management, event management
- Nepal Tourism Board (NTB)
- Four Season Travel and Tours
- Trans Himalayan Environment and Livelihood Program ( T-Help)
Few Flagship Programs
- Accessible Tourism
- Accessible Adventure
- Customer Service Training Program
- Capacity Building and Training Program for Hospitality
- Trekking Trail Design and Audit
- Implementing Public Private Partnership Programs
- Ms. Yankila Sherpa, Nepal
- Mr. John Heather, USA
- Mr. Christopher Khoo, Singapore
- Mr. Scott Wayne, USA
- Mr. Pankaj Pradhananaga, Nepal
- Mr. Sumit Baral, Nepal
- Ms. Sandipa Thapa Basnyat, Nepal
Write to us for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org