Banking Executive Leadership Program for Board of Directors
The financial services industry has gone through unprecedented change. Dynamic sector by nature, it demands senior-level bankers, executives and regulators to gain new levels of agility, decision-making skills, oversight and expects flawless execution. By far, it has to be one of the most highly regulated industry in the world. The International Development Institute has developed a number of Executive Programs in Financial industry to develop and expand their skills in strategy, leadership and enterprise financial management. This program is designed to give our participants, the business and leadership skills to add value to their institution and optimize their potential. The training will focus on boards of directors their duties and responsibilities in the rapidly changing financial services industry. The agendas are the latest industry developments, strategic plans, risk management, compensation, legal issues and economic updates. The program will complement senior managements' efforts to manage their financial institutions strategic objectives. The Board of Director's Program has been created to address all areas of directorship - from duties and responsibilities to the fundamentals of institutional finance and finance management. This program covers not only the regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities of bank directors, but also board structures and processes. In addition, the program focuses on what makes boards and directors effective as well as what is expected of them by regulators, examiners and shareholders.
Your participation is an unmatched opportunity to build relationships with colleagues and faculty that will serve you. The program will highlight international best practices on the development of financial sector around the world. In addition, this program will focus on lessons learned and successful programs and policies adopted in the US in development in financial sector at federal, state and local government level.
Participants’ survey will be conducted approximately two weeks before program start date so that all the participants’ expectations could be addressed and such topics could be incorporated in the program. A round table discussion focusing on issues identified by participants will conclude the program. The program is also committed to build network through its alumni.
What do we offer?
The proposed programs will cover following broad topics:
- Overview of US Banks and focus on community Banking
- Understanding of bank’s performance and financials
- Risk Management Framework (BASEL Act and other regulatory requirements)
- Corporate Governance in Banking
- Merger and Acquisition
- Board Oversight
- Leadership, separation of duties and succession planning
- Opportunities for site visit and interaction with local banks.
Who shall attend?
Board of Directors from Financial Institutions.
Program Duration and Schedule
The courses are designed to be a week long (5 business days). It will be held from February 6-10, 2018 in Greater Washington, DC area.
The cost of the customized one-week program is US$ 5,000/ per person. The fee will cover accommodation (double occupancy for 6 nights), breakfast, and lunch during 5 days of the training program, tuition, training materials, site visits, local transportation, and social events). The fee will exclude VISA fee, airport transfer in Nepal, airfare, any cost for personal transportation, and incidental and additional stay at hotel.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Training course registrations will not be confirmed until registration is complete and billing information is received in full.
- In order to cancel or reschedule a confirmed training please submit an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All cancellation requests made be made no later than 7 days prior to the scheduled course date.
- IDI will refund 50% of deposits for all other cancellation requests with less than 7 days prior to the scheduled course date.
- No-shows and cancellations not made within the specified cancellation period will incur the full cost of registration.
- All cancellations must be made in writing.